It was recently my hubs birthday, which calls for something chocolate, gooey and salted. While brownies from a box are fine, brownies from scratch (aka cocoa powder) are the bomb... and almost as easy as box brownies.
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 8 ounces melted butter (2 sticks)
- 1 1/4 cups cocoa
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Love Sea Salt (more for sprinkling on top)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Butter and flour 8x8 brownie pan.
- In mixer, beat eggs at medium speed until fluffy. Add both sugars. Add remaining ingredients, and mix to combine.
- Pour the batter into a greased and floured 8-inch square pan and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- At about the 35 minute mark, pull out and sprinking Sea Love Sea Salt on top.
- Check for doneness toothpick method.
- Remove from oven to cool and enjoy!