We are BIG pasta lovers in our house. Low carb is a no-go here. We have both just started training for fall races and call me crazy, but I don't think it's too early to start carbo loading. We recently made fresh pasta and it's so easy that I had to share - you don't even need a pasta maker! This recipe comes directly from Bob's Red Mill, which is the flour that we prefer to use.
Once you make (in mere minutes), then you can top with any sauce. This time around, we made one with olive oil, cheese and local mushrooms from a farmer friend and one with fresh pesto from homegrown basil.
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Bob's Red Mill Semolina Pasta Flour
- 2 Tbsp Water
- Combine semolina, beaten eggs, water and oil. Mix to make a stiff dough. Knead 10 minutes or until dough is elastic. Wrap dough in towel or place in plastic bag and let rest for 20 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface roll out to desired thickness and cut as desired.
- Bring a large pot of heavily-salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until tender (approximately 3 - 5 minutes). If making lasagna, no need to boil noodles. Add directly to your recipe.
- Top with your fave tomato sauce, olive oil & cheese or pesto.
- Just before you take your first bite, top with a bit of Sea Love Sea Salt. For this dish, we lean towards Pure, Rosemary or Garlic.
So good, enjoy!