Cooler weather is here, squash is in abundance and it's the perfect time for Harvest Burritos. Dave made these for me on one of our first dates. Later, he passed along the recipe to our great friend Dave Norman (our black labs namesake) for someone special he was dating. In our house, we call these Seduction Burritos, but if that's too racy for you, we can go with Harvest Burritos.
- 2-3 butternut squash, peeled, cubed, save the seeds
- 3 cups sliced cremini mushrooms
- Can of black beans, drained and rinsed (or make your own - even better!)
- ½ red onion, diced
- 3-4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2-3 tbs cumin, plus enough to dust the squash
- 2 tbs coriander
- Olive oil
- ½ cup white wine
- Sea Love Sea Salt and pepper to taste
- Tortilla wraps
- Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Sour cream
- Pre heat oven to 375.
- Place squash in an oiled roasting pan
- Sprinkle cumin, Sea Love Sea Salt and pepper over squash, roast for 45 mins or until soft. Save any liquid in the pan (you can use later to add to mixture or use for another dish to add flavor)
- Toast the pumpkin seeds and add salt to taste. Save.
- In a large sauté pan, heat the oil and gently simmer the cumin and coriander until fragrant.
- Add mushrooms, cook for a few mins, then onions and finally garlic. Cook for 5-10 mins and then deglaze pan with white wine.
- Add the butternut squash and beans to the pan and mix the ingredients. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, in a frying pan, heat the wraps through, one at a time, flip, throw some grated cheese on the wrap, remove from the heat, add the butternut squash mixture and roll up into a burrito.
- Top with a dollop of sour cream, cilantro and the pumpkin seeds. Squeeze a wedge of lime over top and sprinkle your favorite Sea Love Sea Salt (we suggest Sriracha or Citrus) and enjoy.